Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Welcome to our blog!  Since having three children has limited my "free" time, I've decided to start posting pictures here so you can check them out whenever you would like.  I probably won't be sending out many e-mails with pictures attached to them, so be  sure to check back often.  I will also be posting recipes as I find them.  These recipes will be less than gourmet being that I am feeding them to a 4 and 2-year-old.  On that same note, my kids eat just about anything, so some of them may have some "yucky" stuff in them like onions and mushrooms.  

Here is a little bit to fill you in on the recent happenings of our family.  On July 14th, we were blessed with another precious baby girl, Corinne Davis.  She is the final addition to our brood, which includes Landry Morgan, almost 5, and Nolan Matthew, 2 1/2.  Things are pretty chaotic around here most of the time, but we're loving every minute of it.  Landry and Nolan go to preschool three days a week.  Landry loves it so much that she has literally begged me to put her in for the other two days.    Nolan claims he likes school, but is a little skittish every morning when I drop him off.  The teachers recently informed me that he wears his backpack until snack time and that he is "very quiet".  This was shocking to me (well, not the backpack part - he loves to accessorize) because I can't get a word in at home.  He and Landry NEVER stop talking.  In fact, if there is a silent moment and I try to say something, I get a polite "Excuse me Mom, I was about to say something" from Landry.  Nolan is practicing this phrase and I know it's going to roll off his tongue any day now.  I'll keep you posted.
In other exciting news, Nolan slept in a big boy bed for the first time today!  He did so well and was taking such a long nap that I had to physically check his breathing.  I'm happy to report that he was still breathing. :)  Corinne will be moving to the crib soon, so this was a necessary step that I have been dreading.  We tried to get him to sleep in there last night.  All went well for about five minutes.  Then he called Brian up there and said "I need to go to my crib, Dad."  Monday nights are our nights to cut off all TVs and computer screens and spend time just talking to each other.  So, to make sure that precious time didn't go down the drain, Nolan went to the crib.  We will try again tonight.  I'll keep you posted.
Nothing else really to report from here.  There are lots of sick people this time of year so Brian has been extremely busy at work.  That's good, right? 
Check back soon for more of the Wysong Report.

No comments: