Saturday, December 27, 2008

Ahhhhh... Christmas.



We had a wonderful Christmas.  We have been trying to emphasize to our children that Christmas is about the birth of our Saviour, Jesus Christ.  Let's face it, at their age it's all about the excitement of the gifts.  I have been very hesitant in the past few years to start the whole Santa thing.  Whenever Landry would ask me about Santa, I would just tell her that he represents the spirit and joy of Christmas.  I have presented him as more of a symbol than I have as the man who brings the goods to kids who are good.  Then Landry proceeded to tell a group of her friends that Santa wasn't "really for real".  Not wanting to have the kid who killed the fairy tale, I tried to backtrack and tell Landry that Santa would bring her one special gift if she was good.  In reality, I'm not sure any four-year-old has ever been good enough to earn a gift from Santa, but it was worth a try.  (No person has ever earned the blood Jesus shed for them, either, but he gave us that gift none the less.)  In short, the kids got a gift from Santa.  Landry got a guitar, which she LOVES, and Nolan got a Cars camping set, which he could not have cared less about.  I have attached some pics of our living room on Christmas Eve, before the two hurricanes opened their gifts, and there is a picture of the destruction that followed at approximately 7:50a.m. Christmas morning.  

No comments: