Saturday, February 28, 2009

February. . . Kids say. . .

We are driving by a cemetery and Landry says "Mom, when you die I'm going to plant you in that garden."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Landry:  I like brown people.
Me:  You should.  They are no different than you are, they just have a different color skin.
Landry:  I really like brown people.  Especially when they can speak Spanish.  


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Landry and Nolan love to dip their chicken (and everything else) in mayonnaise.  When we get Chick-fil-A, I let them each have one packet of mayo.  When they run out, they just have to eat the rest of their food without it.  Landry asked why they can't have all of the mayo they want and I told her b/c it wasn't good for your body.  Of course, she wanted to know exactly why it's not good for your body.  I tried to sum it up by saying that eating too much of anything makes you heavy and that being heavy makes your heart work harder than it should.  She summed it up by saying "Oh, you mean it gives you a big bottom?"  A lot of you probably know my mortifying story of being in the grocery store when Landry was three and having her watch a very large woman walking in front of us.  She said with complete shock and loud enough for everyone in NC to hear her "Whoa, Mom!  That girl has a big bottom!!!"  I'm sure you can imagine how wonderful I felt at that moment.  Following that day, we have had many conversations about etiquette and keeping certain thoughts contained inside of your head.  We have also had many conversations about how bottoms get big.  Oh, how I wish I could defer those questions to her Daddy. . .
The other day, this is the conversation we had at lunch.

Landry:  Nolan, don't eat too much mayonnaise because your bottom will get big.  Boys look silly with big bottoms.  Only girls should have big bottoms.
Me:  Not all girls have big bottoms.  
Landry:  You do.

I love those warm-fuzzy moments around the dinner table. . .
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nolan to Corinne:  Rinney Pie, you don't have some bunch of hair like I do, but I love your mohawk.

 

2 comments:

Rhonda said...

I love the mayo conversation. I'm still laughing myself silly. Especially because you're a teeny tiny girl - wonder what Landry would say about me!! ;)

Amy said...

Your kids are just so darn cute!!! :>) I'm so glad they got to experience snow - isn't it sooo fun? I miss getting the snows like we had on Sunday. But Michigan gets a lot more snow than that. Yeah, I can't wait for Max to enjoy it. :>)