Sunday, October 18, 2009

Rin is 15 months!!!




Need I tell you how fast 15 months has passed? I look at newborn pictures of Corinne and can vaguely remember those fleeting moments. I remember making a conscious effort to hold her for her middle-of-the-night feedings and to cherish every moment. I learned to do that after looking at Landry at a year old and thinking "Wow! Those "impossible" first few weeks really fly by!" I cherished all of Nolan's wee hour feedings, and vowed to do the same for any future children. I knew I wouldn't remember how tired I was the next day, but I would remember the moments sitting by a dim night-light, feeling my baby breathe, smelling that sweet baby smell, hearing those tiny little noises that only a baby can make. I do remember them, but it almost feels surreal. I look at little Rin and see that she is exploding into a toddler and I can't slow her down. She is an amazing little talker. She has been saying very complicated words since she was 9 months. In fact, that is the age she was sitting in her walker and said "Hey Mallory!" No kidding. This girl has an incredible vocabulary. She has called Brian "Daddy" for as long as I can remember. She calls Landry "Sissy", and Nolan " Bro-bro". Today she started saying "outside". She is great at "no", but hasn't grasped the concept of "yes". She is currently addicted (yes, addicted) to Gerber Graduates 'lil crunchies, mild cheddar flavor. She goes through a can every two or three days. They have afforded many enjoyable shopping ventures, and for that I have to say "Thank you, Gerber."
Rin has officially cut all four 1-year-molars. She had a hard time with them, but she's on the upswing.
In short, she's been such a blessing. I don't think it's any secret that she was a "surprise", but I just can't thank God enough for giving her to us. She's got a great big personality and our family would be lost without her. When Landry or Nolan are crying, she drops what she is doing to go hug them. She wakes-up every morning with a smile on her face. When I pick her up out of her crib, she leans back to take her hugs and kisses from her brother. She's a jewel and we couldn't love her more.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the new pictures and hearing about your sweet family! Hope you are doing well! Miss you - Jane

Amy said...

She's so cute, Kandi! How fun that Max and Corinne are only a month apart! Wow. Time does go by fast! Max is quite the toddler now too and just on the go everywhere. It's fun! Can't wait to have another one! :>)

Kelly said...

What a cutie! She is adorable!!