Monday, April 26, 2010

Nolan is 4!


I can't believe it but Nolan is 4! He is really excited about being four, mainly because I told him he could stop taking naps. Well... that didn't quite work out as planned. He has been "difficult" the past few days. So, the nap has been reinstated. Something else that has come along with being four has been an appetite. This kid ate like a bird up until a week ago. Suddenly he's cleaning his plate for at least one meal a day, sometimes two. He's actually put on a little weight and his 5 slim jeans are getting a little snug. I predict a growth spurt will come and take care of that, but it's kind of nice for now.
I just can't say enough about my only son. He's sweet, funny, smart, and inquisitive. Yesterday he said "I like your flip flops. And your face and neck are pretty." Then he just walked away like it was nothing. He had no clue that it kept me going that day. Not because my son said I was pretty, but because my son is 4 and said I was pretty. Four-year-olds don't just pass out gratuitous compliments. I knew he really meant it. In fact, he says sweet little things like that to me all of the time.
And there you have only a few of the reasons I treasure this fellow so much. I didn't even get around to mentioning his infectious smile, spastic jumping jacks, love of sprinkles, meticulous dessert eating skills, or his consistent attention and care towards our pets. Hmm, guess I'll have to get to those next time.
Happy Birthday Nolan! We love you like crazy!!!

2 comments:

Amy said...

Awww, Happy Birthday to Nolan!! Can't believe he's 4. He sounds like such a sweet, little guy. That would've just melted my heart when he said that to you. That is awesome! Hope you're doing good. Maybe I'll see you Saturday/ Not sure if Jason is goign to be able to come - he's really busy with the farm right now. :>(

ToLiveLoved said...

He's such a cutie. I keep telling Jake there ARE other boys who only have sisters and that he will survive it.....he's not quite convinced! :)